If you’re someone that enjoys salads daily or even multiple times a day, you have to add our Orange Chicken Salad into your rotation. It’s crunchy, bright, and fresh—everything a great salad should be. Plus, we snuck some Dandy Blend into the mix, of course. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
*Image by @magnifiguefoto
What is Orange Chicken Salad
Orange chicken salad is a mix of sweet, savory, and citrusy flavors, making it a refreshing salad for any occasion. It’s a vibrant dish that combines zesty orange with tender pieces of chicken, served over a bed of crisp salad greens. This dish includes a variety of colorful vegetables such as bell peppers, carrots, and cucumbers, adding both visual delight and nutritional value. The salad is tossed in a delicious Dandy Blend and peanut dressing, and is topped with orange slices and sesame.
How to Make Orange Chicken Salad
The best way to prep for any recipe is to pretend you’re on a cooking show. Wash and chop all of your produce, then set everything aside in individual bowls or containers so you can clearly see where everything is and it’s ready to go when you need it. It’s also more fun!
With that, start by washing and preparing all of your fruits and vegetables. Once done, start to make your dressing. In a food processor or blender, add all of the salad dressing ingredients and blend on medium speed until combined. This includes rice vinegar, coconut aminos (or soy sauce), creamy peanut butter, Dandy Blend, toasted sesame seed oil, garlic, ginger, and a pinch of salt. These ingredients come together beautifully and add the perfect touch to this zesty salad.
Once ready to prepare your salad, add your greens to a large bowl, then top with cabbage, peppers, carrots, cucumbers, then oranges. Add your chicken, then sprinkle sesame seeds or wontons on top.
You can dress the salad later on if you’re bringing it to a party, otherwise use our pro tip for a perfectly dressed salad: add the dressing to the bottom of the serving bowl, top with all of your ingredients, and then mix. This allows the dressing to better coat the entire salad and not weigh the lettuce down from the top.
Dandy Blend Orange Chicken Salad Ingredients:
- 3 cups greens of choice (we like a mix of arugula and crunchy romaine)
- ⅓ cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- ¼ cup bell peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup carrots, julienned or shaved
- ¼ cup cucumbers, diced
- 1 orange, peeled and cubed
- Handful of sesame seeds or wontons
Dandy Blend Orange Chicken Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon Dandy Blend
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small cube of fresh ginger (about an inch thick)
- Pinch of salt
- Start by washing and preparing all of your fruits and vegetables.
- In a food processor or blender, add all of the salad dressing ingredients and blend on medium speed until the garlic and ginger are combined.
- Add your salad greens to a large bowl, top with cabbage, peppers, carrots, cucumbers, and oranges. Add chicken, then sprinkle sesame seeds or wontons on top.
- Dress once ready to eat, and enjoy.
Pro tip: If you’re serving the salad immediately, add the dressing to the bottom of the serving bowl and mix. This allows the dressing to better coat the entire salad and not weigh the lettuce down from the top.
To shop Dandy Blend and all our dandy offers, visit www.DandyBlend.com/shop.
Dandy Blend is not a supplement or medicine. Any health related questions or concerns, we always recommend consulting with your primary care physician.
*Banner image by @8photo