Nothing screams holiday time like baked apple slices. Whether they’re hugged into a pie, served under ice cream, or enjoyed by themselves, apples are the fruit of the season.
You may have heard of adding espresso to brownies to enhance the chocolate flavor. In today’s recipe, we’re adding Dandy Blend to baked apples to enhance the maple flavor. It’s unlike any other baked apples recipe you’ve had before, and you’re going to fall in love.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED APPLE SLICES
Making delicious baked apples is fairly simple. The hardest part is sharing. Our baked apples recipe calls for three medium to large apples – two red ones and one green one. The variety of apples helps add a dimension of flavors to the recipe. We like Honeycrisp and Granny Smith, but you can swap with whatever apple of choice.
Start by preheating your oven and slicing the apples. Peeling them is a personal choice. We like to keep the skin on. Next, add the apples to an oven-safe dish, then mix in melted butter, maple syrup, ground cinnamon, Dandy Blend, and a pinch of sea salt. If you’re on AIP, you can swap the butter for avocado oil or if you’re Paleo, try Miyoko’s plant-based butter. Let the apples bake for about 25 minutes, or until tender, then let cool for about five minutes. Serve with a generous scoop of ice cream alongside a warm cup of Dandy Blend, and enjoy.
Baked Apple Slices with Dandy Blend
- 2 medium-large red apples (like Honeycrisp)
- 1 medium-large green apple (like Granny Smith)
- ¼ cup butter, melted (avocado oil or plant-based butter)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Dandy Blend
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Start by cutting your apples into slices. You can leave the skin on or peel it off, whichever you prefer.
- Next, add them to an oven safe dish and pour in the remaining ingredients.
- Give the apples a good toss so that all of the ingredients are incorporated.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until tender, then let cool for about five minutes.
- Serve with a generous scoop of ice cream or whipped coconut cream alongside a warm cup of Dandy Blend.
To shop Dandy Blend and all our dandy offers, visit www.DandyBlend.com/shop.
Dandy Blend is not a supplement or medicine. Any health related questions or concerns, we always recommend consulting with your primary care physician before trying this recipe.
*Banner image by @pereslavtseva